About the Course
AED training is designed to give your staff the knowledge, skills and confidence to use an AED effectively. The course will refresh learners Basic Life Support skills and take learners through how to use the AED, including a practical session where all learners will use the AED.
Defib Course Prerequisite
- There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
- Please inform us of any learning or physical special needs that you may have.
Defib Course Duration
- 3 Guided Learning Hours
- Usually run over one day, 09:00 – 12:30
Defib Course Syllabus
- Heart Conditions
- Basic Life Support
- UK Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Use of an AED (Defib)
- Practice time with the AED
- Recommended syllabus as laid down by the Resuscitation Council UK
Defib Course Assessment Process
- This course is assessed by a practical demonstration.
Defib Course Renewal Process
- This course is normally renewed annually and can be linked with your first aid annual refresher Course